JOB TITLE: CNC Machinist IV
EEOC CATEGORY: Craft Workers
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
Produce complex machined components on 3, 4 & 5axis CNC Mills, Conv. Lathes and/or Mill/Turn Lathes. Process and maintain parts in accordance to McNally Industries internal processes, and in accordance with the Department of Defense and/or Aerospace Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and maintain professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple machining centers.
- Strong ability to interface with machine control and to read and understand machine code.
- Ability to gather necessary items to complete a job, such as cutters, tool holders, fixtures, material, and inspection gaging, using the aid of a set-up sheet.
- Assemble tool holders and cutters, and preset tool lengths when applicable.
- Independently Perform Complex Set-ups on mills and/or lathes.
- Produce parts according to work order requirements, including; blueprints, engineering methods, specifications, and programs.
- Maintain the quality of products at all times by performing quality checks on time, as defined in the process documentation to ensure the product meets McNally Industries and Customer specifications.
- Record and maintain inspection documentation, ensuring inspection documentation is up to date at all times.
- Ability to identify processing issues and/or product defects in a timely manner and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with other Machinists, Engineering, Management, and Production Scheduling.
- Maintain open communication across work shifts by, documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs, for success of the job.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment at all workstations.
- Ability to move Material or finished components to and from workstations. Lifting requirement is 50lbs.
- Comply with the company’s rules and policies.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Perform other tasks as requested or required, to support the needs of the business.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Specific technical or vocational training highly preferred, but not required.
- 5+ yrs of machining experience required with no formal education/training received.
- Strong ability to read and interpret machine code.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and mechanical drawings.